When replacing a DR2100 drum unit a prompt must be given in order for the the printer to realise a new drum has been installed. This procedure needs to be followed to reset an internal page counter in the printer that estimates the remaining life of the installed drum. If this reset has not been performed then your printer will continue to warn you of ‘Drum End Soon‘ on the printers built in LCD display. However the reset procedure is very simple and should only take a few seconds to perform.
NoticePlease Note: If your printer has been using the drum before the reset was entered this will throw out the accuracy of the drum by the equivalent amount of pages. As such you may find the quality of your prints may deteriorate prematurely.
What printers does this reset work for?
You can perform the DR2100 drum reset detailed below on many different printers including the Brother DCP-7030, DCP-7040, DCP-7045N, MFC-7320, MFC-7440N and MFC-7840W..
How do I reset the DR2100 drum unit for these printers?
- Ensure the machine is turned on and open the front cover of your printer.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly from the printer.
- Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into your printer.
- Press the Clear/Back button on the printer.
- Press the the “Up Arrow” (or the 1 key if your printer has a fax) to confirm you are installing a new drum.
- Assuming the message on the display now reads Accepted, close the front cover of the printer.
The ‘Drum End Soon’ message will now have disappeared and you will be able to continue printing for an estimated 12,000 pages. If the message remains please run through this process again ensuring both prompts are given after reinstalling the toner and drum combo.
If you have ant further questions or have anything to add please feel free to leave a comment below.
- Drum LED flashing after changing a Brother DR2100 Drum Unit
- “Replace Drum” after changing a Brother DR2200 Drum Unit
- “CHANGE DRUM SOON” message after changing a Brother DR6000
- “Replace Drum” or “Replace Parts Drum” after changing a Brother DR3200 Drum Unit
- “Replace Parts Drum” after changing a Brother DR3300 Drum Unit