If you are experiencing gaps or white lines vertically down your print or even horizontally with the C1100, CX11N & CX21N this can often be due to the laser lens inside the printer being obscured. This can be caused either by toner spilling onto it when changing cartridges or from one or more of the cartridges not being fully locked after installation.
Such a problem can be solved relatively easy by cleaning the print head of your printer. To do so simply follow the video or instructions below:
- Remove rectangular cleaner cover located towards the bottom right land corner of the right side panel of the printer.
- Open the cover on the front of the printer.
- Pull the blue lever located towards the right hand side of the inside of the printer to open the sliding panel under where the cleaner cover was.
- Extend and replace the blue cleaner five times to clean the head.
- Replace the cap and close the tray again.
With these steps completed please print a test page to see if this has resolved the quality issues. We recommend printing our own Laser Printer test page that can be found here as this page shows the four toners working individually.
If the problem remains but the quality has improved please return to step one and run through the cleaning procedure again. If however the print shows no improvement it would appear there has been a toner spillage inside the machine and we would advise checking the user guide for your printer for specific instructions and contacting Epson directly if the problem remains.