During the process of changing a Brother DR3300 drum unit a prompt must be given in order for your printer to recognise the new drum unit. Giving this prompt resets an internal counter allowing you to use the drum unit for an estimated 30,000 more prints. If however this entering of this prompt is forgotten when installing a new drum unit then a “Replace Drum” message will continue to be shown on the screen and the ‘Drum’ LED will stay lit. Thankfully the drum counter reset can still be performed after installation.
NoticePlease Note: If your printer has been using the drum before the reset was entered this will throw out the accuracy of the drum by the equivalent amount of pages. As such you may find the quality of your prints may deteriorate prematurely.
Will this counter reset work for my printer?
How do I reset the counter?
- Ensure the printer is turned on and otherwise ready to print.
- Press the front cover release button to open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the drum unit with the toner cartridge installed from the printer.
- Now re-install the drum unit and installed toner cartridge slowly but firmly.
- Press and hold the Go button until all LEDs have lit (this should take about 4 seconds).
- Close the front cover of the printer.
The “Replace Drum” message should now have disappeared and the LED no longer lit allowing you to continue printing.
If you have ant further questions or have anything to add please feel free to leave a comment below.