When changing a Brother DR3200 drum unit a prompt needs to be given to the printer to indicate that a new drum unit has been installed and reset an internal counter. If however you forget to reset this drum counter upon installation “Replace Drum” or “Replace Parts Drum” message will continue to be displayed by your printer. Thankfully the drum counter reset can still be performed after installation.
NoticePlease Note: If your printer has been using the drum before the reset was entered this will throw out the accuracy of the drum by the equivalent amount of pages. As such you may find the quality of your prints may deteriorate prematurely.
Will this counter reset work for my printer?
The drum counter reset described below will clear “Replace Drum” or “Replace Parts Drum” error messages on the following printers Brother DCP-8070D, MFC-8370DN, MFC-8380DN, DCP-8085DN, MFC-8880DN and MFC-8890DW.
How do I reset the counter?
- Press down the cover release button and open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridges assembly.
- Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridge, but leave the front cover open.
- Press the Clear/Back button.
- Now confirm the installation of a new drum by pressing 1.
- Assuming the LCD display now says “Accepted“, close the front cover.
The “Replace Drum” or “Replace Parts Drum” message will now have disappeared leaving you free to continue printing.
If you have ant further questions or have anything to add please feel free to leave a comment below.
- ‘Drum End Soon’ message on printer after changing DR2100 Drum Unit
- “Replace Parts Drum” after changing a Brother DR3300 Drum Unit
- “Drum End Soon” or “Replace Drum” on HL-5380DN after changing DR3200 Drum Unit
- “Replace Drum” after changing a Brother DR2200 Drum Unit
- Drum LED flashing after changing a Brother DR2100 Drum Unit